ASK THE EXPERT I’m buYIng A HomE And THE lEndER REquIRES mE To PuRcHASE A TITlE InSuRAncE PolIcY bEfoRE THEY wIll gIvE mE THE loAn. SHould I buY A PolIcY foR mYSElf Too? As time goes by and you dutifully pay back your loan, your exposure increases, unless you have an owner’s policy. Only an owner’s policy fully protects the buyer should a covered title problem arise which was not found during the title search. Owner’s policies typically protect against a number of contingencies, such as fraud, errors or omissions in deeds, mistakes in examining records, forgery, Title insurance for mortgage lenders is called a loan undisclosed heirs and spousal claims. If you’re policy. Most lenders require a loan policy when they buying the owner’s and lender’s policies from the issue a mortgage loan. The loan policy is usually same company, in many cases, there’s a substantial Jamie Younger based on the dollar amount of the loan and it discount. Since your interest, unlike the interest of (804) 287-4666 protects the lender’s interests in the property should the lender, may increase over time, you may want to a problem with the title arise. consider purchasing an inflation rider that will adjust Title insurance for property owners, called an your amount of coverage to reflect the increase in owner’s policy, covers the total amount of the the value of your property over time. value of the property at the time the property is For all your real estate needs contact Jamie Younger purchased. It is purchased for a one-time fee at who is consistently in the top 1% in the nation in closing and is valid for as long as the owner or real estate sales. With over 30 years of experience heirs have an interest in the property. Your equity in the property is not covered by the lender’s policy. she can help you make your move today!