Gov. Terry McAuliffe recently announced the following appointments:
Secretariat of Commerce and Trade:
- Hayes Framme of Richmond, named deputy secretary of Commerce and Trade.
Aerospace Advisory Council:
- Peter Bale of Chincoteague, CEO of Sentinel Robotic Solutions;
- Matt Bannon of Virginia Beach, director of strategy and marketing for ATAC;
- Oktay Baysal of Virginia Beach, professor and dean of engineering at Old Dominion University;
- Dave Bowles of Suffolk, director of NASA Langley Research Center;
- Fernando “Marty” Martinez of Leesburg, senior systems engineer/consultant at SAIC and Leesburg Town Council member;
- James C. McDaniel Jr. of Albemarle, professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering, University of Virginia;
- Dale K. Nash of Virginia Beach, executive director at Virginia Commercial Space Flight Authority;
- Rose Mooney of Baltimore County, executive director of Virginia Tech and Mid-Atlantic Aviation Partnership;
- Daniel Tani of Fairfax, senior director of Orbital ATK;
- Todd McGregor Yeatts of Arlington, senior manager of government operations at Boeing Co.; and
- William A. Wrobel of Accomack, director of NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility.
Advisory Board on Genetic Counseling:
- Heather A. Creswick of Richmond, genetic counselor and clinical faculty, Genetic Counseling Training Program at Virginia Commonwealth University;
- John M. Quillin of Mechanicsville, genetic counselor and assistant professor of human and molecular genetics at VCU; and
- Matthew J. Thomas of Charlottesville, genetic counselor, division of genetics in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Virginia School of Medicine.
Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders Commission:
- Sharon Davis of Arlington, retired archivist for John D. Dingell Jr. and former chief clerk of the Committee on Energy and Commerce in the U.S. House of Representatives;
- Karen H. Garner of Newport News, adviser, writer and consultant of Home Instead Senior Care;
- Valerie Hopson-Bell of Fredericksburg, geriatric care adviser of ElderCare Connections LLC;
- G. Richard Jackson of Williamsburg, system director of The Riverside Center for Excellence in Aging and Lifelong Health and executive director of Choose Home; and
- Katherine A. Kennedy of Midlothian, retired, former human resource director for the Virginia Department of General Services.
Behavioral Health and Developmental Services Board:
- John R. Bruggeman of Vienna, director of special publishing for the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists;
- Paula N. Mitchell of Roanoke, vice president of behavioral health services of LewisGale Regional Health System;
- Elizabeth Hilscher of Richmond, partner of Transitions Design-Build; and
- Jennifer Spangler of Midlothian, freelance research associate.
Board of Agriculture and Consumer Services:
- Neil Houff of Mount Crawford, president of Houff’s Feed & Fertilizer Co. Inc.; and
- Kevin J. Kordek of Virginia Beach, manager of J.C. Ehrlich/Rentokil North America.
Board of Historic Resources:
- Colita Nichols Fairfax of Hampton, associate professor at Norfolk State University; and
- Nosuk Pak Kim of Newport News, partner at Cowardin Kim & Riddle law firm.
Board of Visitors for Eastern Virginia Medical School:
- Paul D. Fraim of Norfolk, former mayor of the city of Norfolk.
Commonwealth Transportation Board
- F. Gary Garczynski of Alexandria, president of National Capital Land and Development Inc. and chairman of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta;
- Mary Hughes Hynes of Arlington, former member of the Arlington County Board;
- Jerry L. Stinson II of Lebanon, program director of administration of justice at Southwest Virginia Community College;
- F. Dixon Whitworth Jr. of Winchester, retired regional president of BB&T; and
- Greg Yates of Culpeper, developer with Yates Properties.
Family and Children’s Trust Fund, Board of Trustees:
- Frank Blechman of Fairfax Station, self-employed organizational consultant;
- L. Robert Bolling of Henrico, CEO of ChildSavers;
- Linda H. Gilliam of Richmond, retired educational administrator with Henrico Public Schools;
- Liliana Hernandez of Arlington, child welfare program specialist in the children’s bureau of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; and
- Yasmine Taeb of Arlington, legislative representative with the Friends Committee on National Legislation.
Joint Leadership Council of Veterans Service Organizations:
- Lauren Augustine of Woodbridge (representing Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America);
- Retired U.S. Army Col. William Barrett Jr. of Midlothian (representing Military Order of the World Wars);
- Bob Huffman of Colonial Heights (representing Virginia Army/Air National Guard Enlisted Association); and
- Kenneth B. Shelton Sr. of Richmond (representing Fifth Baptist Church Veterans Ministry).
Real Estate Board:
- Libby Clawson Gatewood of Chester, managing broker at Napier Realtors ERA’s Colonial Heights office;
- Lynn G. Grimsley of Yorktown, broker associate at RE/MAX Peninsula; and
- Steve Hoover of Roanoke, partner at MKB Realtors.
Small Grains Board:
- Ray Keating of Norfolk, merchandiser at Perdue Agribusiness in Chesapeake.
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System Authority, Board of Directors:
- May H. Fox of Richmond, director of government relations at Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott LLC; and
- Michelle Y. Whitehurst-Cook of Highland Springs, associate dean for admissions at VCU School of Medicine.
Virginia Economic Development Partnership:
- Valerie K. Brown of Chesapeake, executive pastor at Mount Lebanon Global Fellowship of Churches.