Gov. Ralph Northam has announced the following appointments:
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Board of Visitors:
- Carrie Hileman Chenery of Staunton, principal of Valley Pike Partners;
- Greta J. Harris of Richmond, president and CEO of the Better Housing Coalition;
- Chris Petersen of McLean, principal of Arbor Strategies LLC; and
- Jeffrey E. Veatch of Alexandria, entrepreneur and co-founder of Apex Systems.
Virginia Small Grains Boards:
- Ellen Matthews Davis of New Kent, retired state director the Rural Development for the U.S. Department of Agriculture;
- David Hula of Charles City;
- James H. Hundley III of Essex, farm owner and manager; and
- Michael B. Mayes of Dinwiddie, owner of R.O. Mayes and Son Wholesale Grain Co. and director of The Bank of Southside Virginia.
Virginia State University Board of Visitors:
- Pamela Currey of New Kent, consultant for HCM Strategists;
- Christine M. Darden, of Hampton, retired researcher and senior staff at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration;
- Shavonne Gordon of Richmond, vice president of diversity recruiting and talent acquisition at Capital One;
- Bill Murray of Henrico, senior vice president of corporate affairs at Dominion Energy; and
- James J.L. Stegmaier of Chesterfield, retired Chesterfield County administrator and executive manager of The Berkley Group LLC.
William & Mary Board of Visitors:
- S. Douglas Bunch of Washington, D.C., partner at Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll PLLC;
- Cynthia E. Hudson of Richmond, attorney at Sands Anderson PC;
- Anne Leigh Kerr of Richmond, principal at Kerr Government Strategies LLC;
- John E. Littel of Virginia Beach, chief external affairs officer at Magellan Health and president of Magellan Complete Care of Virginia; and
- Brian Woolfolk of Fort Washington, Md, principal at Swan Creek Strategies.
Board of Coal Mining Examiners:
- Phillip W. Hale of North Tazewell, industrial division manager at Twin Enterprise Inc.
- Robert Kenneth Denton Jr. of Winchester, senior geologist at Terracon Consultants;
- David Alan Ek of Catlett, environmental planner for the City of Manassas; and
- Richard Allan Lambert of Monterey, owner of Richard A. Lambert Electrical.
Virginia State Crime Commission:
- Larry D. Boone of Norfolk, police chief for the Norfolk Police Department;
- Lori Hanky Haas of Henrico, Virginia state director of The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence; and
- Larry D. Terry II of Charlottesville, executive director of the Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service at the University of Virginia.
Board of Accountancy:
- Wendy Pace Lewis of Hanover, partner at KPMG LLP; and
- Laurie Warwick of Ashburn, CPA at Ernst & Young.
Commission for Historical Statues in the United States Capitol:
- Edward L. Ayers, historian and former president at the University of Richmond; and
- Colita Nichols Fairfax of Hampton, professor at Norfolk State University.