Submit a Letter to the Editor
- Submit a Letter to the Editor
Letters should be 300 words or shorter, and all submissions must include the writer’s complete home mailing address, email and phone number should we need to reach you (this information is not published).
- We favor letters that thoughtfully respond to or offer perspective on content published in The Times-Dispatch, and on local or state issues. Writers should include attribution for statements of fact or context they use to support their positions.
- We do not accept letters that primarily are broad endorsements or attacks on political figures or parties.
- Because of the volume of letters received, we do not answer inquiries about the status of submissions or about publication decisions, for which many factors are considered – including previous letters by others on the same topic.
- Submissions may take some time to publish. We rarely publish letters from out-of-state residents. We accept letters only electronically.
- Submissions we choose to publish are subject to editing for length, accuracy, clarity, tone, style and other considerations.