Being extremely popular can be challenging at times. Your calendar is packed with coffee dates, birthday parties, happy hours and dinners. You feel like you are spreading yourself thin when yet another Facebook invitation pings in your inbox.
You do not have to split up your time between all your social groups, family and friends! Although it may be tricky to get a table for 10 at your favorite local restaurant, there are plenty of things to do with a group. Get everyone together for one great day in RVA!
1. RVA Brewery Tours – This brand new service can take you and 13 of your friends on a guided tour of Richmond breweries including Hardywood Park, Legend and Center of the Universe. You will learn about the art of beer tasting, take a behind the scenes tour of one of the breweries, and not have to worry about sampling and driving. Private and public tours are available.
2. Jumpology – If you are looking for good clean family fun, check out the newly opened Jumpology, an 8,000-square-foot trampoline gym located in Glen Allen. They boast activities like trampoline dodge ball, dunking on their 16 foot basketball hoop, and massive foam pit. Bouncing around is not just for kids. Friday and Saturday nights from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. jumping is restricted for teens and up.
3. Real Richmond Food Tours – If food is your fancy, a two-and-a-half-hour walking tour where you get to sample dishes from local restaurants may be more your speed. You and 11 of your friends can learn about the city from the author of “Insider’s Guide to Richmond” or the editor of Richmond Magazine all while indulging in some of the city’s best eats and meeting the people who make them.
4. Uptown Alley - This mega-plex is the perfect place to take your group, big or small. Much more than a bowling alley, Uptown Alley, located in Midlothian, has billiards, games and a sports rotunda. There are special areas for adults only and family-friendly fun all under one roof. And not to worry if bowling makes you hungry, their on-site restaurant, Red Embers, has a full menu with food and drink options for every taste.
5. Riverside Outfitters – Grab your friends and a life jacket and head to the James River. Riverside Outfitters’ guided raft trips range from a whitewater experience to relaxed rafting rides. If you prefer to travel by kayak, canoe, or paddleboard, they have you covered. No matter what your vessel, they offer great ways to get outdoors and see which of your friends is best with a paddle.