The Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority is holding its fifth annual lottery for bottles of Pappy Van Winkle, the celebrated and award-winning Kentucky bourbon.
The lotteries start Wednesday with other lotteries starting other Wednesdays throughout the month.
And this year, there are six separate lotteries with a total of more than 2,000 bottles available.
Like last year, the Pappy lottery includes the chance to purchase a collection of all five bottles available for the individual lottery (for a mere $1,499.99). The collections features Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 23, 20, and 15 Year, Van Winkle Special Reserve 12 Year, and Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Year.
Each of the bottles is also available for individual purchase via the lottery.
ABC launched the lottery system in 2016 for all its limited-availability products.
Anyone with a valid Virginia driver’s license who is of legal drinking age can register to win the chance to buy one of the bottles. Each lottery entry form will be available for five days at abc.virginia.gov.
The specific dates for each lottery and the product prices are:
- Dec. 4-8: Van Winkle Collection Package, $1,499.99, six collections available;
- Dec. 11-15: Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 23 Year, $299.99, nine bottles available;
- Dec. 11-15: Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 20 Year, $199.99, 346 bottles available;
- Dec. 18-22: Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 15 Year, $119.99, 120 bottles available;
- Dec. 18-22: Van Winkle Special Reserve 12 Year, $79.99, 1,546 bottles available; and
- Dec. 18-22: Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Year, $69.99, 399 bottles available.