Skip to main contentSkip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
top story

Update: Battery system caused natural gas odor at Hopewell High School

  • Updated
  • 0

The November 2 episode of 8@4 is all about buns, beef and burgers...it's Burger Week in RVA and we got to the participating locations to sample their burgers and hear what makes theirs the best. 8@4 is presented by Massey Cancer Center from the Virginia Wayside Furniture studio.

Concerns over a possible natural gas leak prompted the evacuation of Hopewell High School on Wednesday.

The school dismissed early after the strong smell of natural gas was detected. Fire department and gas company officials later determined that the source of the odor was a back-up battery system in a computer server room. The area was ventilated. School is scheduled to resume on Thursday.

0 Comments

Related to this story

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

Breaking News